ROMANS, MOORS AND THE PORTUGUESE ROYALTY
Évora and Alentejo, with a Licensed Guide
Discover the land of cork-trees and its secrets on our scenic drive to the charming city of Évora, a Unesco’s World Heritage site since 1986. Upon arrival, we join the Romans, the Moors and the Portuguese Royalty in a most culture-rewarding walking tour along the whitewashed-house lined alleys and squares. In this often-residence of kings and queens, 500 years ago, we do take a step back in time and visit or view a number of historical witnesses of the medieval days, including the almost 2,000-year old Roman Temple. There will also be free time to further enjoy the old town and the local handicrafts, as well as the local cuisine, on your own. (See options below)
- Option 1: you may wish to enjoy an included home-hosted lunch with a local family, featuring the delicious regional specialities – please advise accordingly.
- Option 2: you may wish to add a visit to a prestigious winery and taste its wines – please advise accordingly.
- This private tour requires dedicated transportation. We can arrange for a deluxe, air-conditioned sedan (for up to 2 travelers) or a deluxe, air-conditioned, touring van (for up to 6 travelers) and a professional driver, accordingly. Please advise.
- Tour starts and ends at your hotel in Lisbon area, though other locations are also possible – please advise accordingly.
- Portions of this discovery experience require walking, so average physical fitness and appropriate footwear are recommended.
- The contents of this full-day tour are also customizable. Please advise if you wish any adjustment.
Up to 72 hours: no penalty
Up to 48 hours: 50% penalty
Less than 48 hours or no show: full payment
Reservations and confirmation subject to availability